The shopping is done. The presents are wrapped.
We are ready for the big day. It's getting pretty exciting around here.
Speaking of presents...
I made these for all my Young Women. They are tacks made out of bottle caps. They aren't very hard to make and I love the way they turned out. I found the tutorial for them here.
And finally, to go along with the gift theme I seem to have going here, I read a wonderful article by Howard W. Hunter with a list of 21 gifts he suggests we can give to truly commemorate Christ by giving as he gave:
- Mend a quarrel
- Seek out a forgotten friend
- Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust
- Write a letter
- Give a soft answer
- Encourage youth
- Manifest your loyalty in word and deed
- Keep a promise
- Forgo a grudge
- Try to understand
- Examine your demands on others
- Think first of someone else
- Be kind
- Be gentle
- Laugh a little more
- Express your gratitude
- Welcome a stranger
- Gladden the heart of a child
- Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth
- Speak your love and then speak it again
"Christmas is a celebration, and there is no celebration that compares with the realization of its true meaning-with the sudden stirring of the heart that has extended itself unselfishly in the things that matter most"