Monday, February 22, 2010

Back in the saddle...so to speak


Well, I'm back. I had a great visit with my family. I am so grateful I was able to spend some quality time with my Dad before he undergoes his cancer treatment. If you are reading this I have a favor to ask of you. Please keep a prayer for him in your heart. He has a very tough road ahead of him.
It seems that as much as we enjoy visiting, it is always good to get back home. At least it is for me. No matter how wonderful the visit is, it is always comforting to get back to the old routine. And, comfort is something I can really use right about now. It has been great therapy for me to be able to spend some quality time with my beloved Bernina.

I finished these blocks today. They are for the Fresh Comfort quilting bee I am a member of. I really like the way they turned out.

I also completed this block today. It is for the Block Party Quilt Along. I'll be posting it on the Flickr site as soon as I get done with this post. The block party ladies are publishing a book and will choose some of the blocks from the quilt along to be in it. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I'm hoping they pick one of my blocks.

This is my next project to be quilted. I love the way it all came together. Aqua, orange and red are quickly becoming one of my favorite color combinations. I will post the finished quilt once I complete it.
I hope to have it finished by Friday. I am anxious because I have someone special in mind to give it to. I'm not going to say who, though. It's a secret. Tee hee hee.

I just had to include this photo because out of all the projects I have completed lately, this is what I am most proud of.
This is my math homework. Now, I know that to all of you math whizzes out there this must look like child's play, but to me this a true accomplishment. I can't believe I am really doing it and I'm actually understanding it!
A woman I greatly admire keeps a plaque on her desk that says, "I can do hard things." Now I believe, so can I.