Monday, February 8, 2010

Improv in Neutrals


My first improvisational quilt is finished. I am unbelievably pleased.


I decided to quilt it with straight lines spaced at uneven intervals. I thought the straight quilting would contrast nicely against the wonky blocks.

I think it worked well. I also choose straight lines because I am giving this to Matt and I thought the straight lines would keep the quilt more modern and masculine.

I had a bunch of strips and one block left over so I decided to put them to good use on the back.

I can honestly say it is much more satisfying to create a quilt from design to finish. This one definitely goes in the will.