Monday, February 1, 2010

Robot Love

Have I ever mentioned how much I love robots? Weird but true. Just click on the Fobot link in my Fun Stuff section and you will be taken to a magical land filled with items that I lust for but can't bring myself to spend the money on.

So, Friday night I was minding my own business, casually finishing up some shopping when I saw her, staring forlornly from a rag-tag group of items on a 50% off clearance table. Our eyes locked. My heart skipped a beat. I stopped in my tracks. I felt like I couldn't breath. I turned to Matt and choked out the words, "I LOVE her! I MUST have her!"

Then, my practical side kicked in. My inner voice whispered, " She's too impractical!! She's a waste of money!! Where on earth will I put her?!" I told myself, I must leave her. It was best for both of us. Refrains of Dolly Parton's song "I will always love you" floated into the back of my mind.

And yet, I couldn't quite leave. I paced around the store a couple of times pretending to shop for a birthday gift. All the while sneaking lustful side glances at her when I thought no one was looking. Her pleading eyes seemed to follow me where ever I went. I new she wanted me as much as I wanted her. She knew we were meant for each other.

In the end, the force of our attraction was too strong. I couldn't fight it.

I didn't used to believe in love at first sight. Then I met Robot Bella and everything changed.