Monday, March 1, 2010

Ode to Dr. Gary



Don't get me wrong, he is a stand-up guy and first rate dentist, but I can honestly say I have a love/hate relationship with him. I love clean, healthy teeth but hate the pain associated with keeping them. He tries, he really does but my TMJ doesn't help.

So today, I got nothing done except go to the dentist and spend the rest of the day popping Advil.

To make matters worse, I didn't get my orange/aqua friendship star quilt finished. Last week ended up being a crazy week and I had to spend all weekend studying for a final so it is still sitting on my sewing table. I swear I hear it calling my name in the dead of night.

On a happier note...

Look what came for me in the mail. Can I just tell you how much I love this yard of fabric?! I ordered it from Sew Mama Sew (one of the best online fabric stores EVER!)and when it came I practically swooned. 100% linen and the drawing of the girl and flowers are to die for. Now I just have to ruminate on what I want to do with it.

If I have any quilters reading this blog and you have any inspiration as to what I should do with it, please post a comment and share. Who knows, if I like your idea, I just might send you a little surprise in the mail. I don't know, maybe something from my stash. I'm just sayin...