Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Rhythm of the Weekend...

Lest you think all I do is eat, drink and sleep quilting, here are some photos from the weekend exploits.
First off, we went hiking.  Yes, I live in Southern Cali, but just a few short minutes from our home, there are some beautiful back roads that we love to explore.
Joe was extremely intrigued by the currents in the stream.  Like the rest of us in the clan, he is easily entertained.
Just as we were getting ready to head back, we came upon a cave.  I love to explore a good cave but unfortunately, this was as close as I could get.
After we got back to civilization, we made a trip to the mall and I bought...
Now, I only include this because I never thought I would again be able to get my ga-donk-a-donk bootie into a pair of these.  These bad boys are the original.  No "relaxed fit", no "curvy", not even a smidge of stretch, nada. May I just say, I look pretty darn bootie-licious in them. Size 28 waist to boot.  23 pounds and counting, baby!
Okay, this photo is from a couple of weekends ago but I just had to include it.  I talked Matt into coming with me to get a pedicure in celebration of our joint weight loss of 58 pounds.  He was a little reticent at first, but I must say he quite got into it.  In fact, he even asked for a manicure.  I didn't even go that far.
Of course, a weekend wouldn't be complete with out a bit of quilting and crafting.
I finished this little lovely and it is now displayed on my antique, White sewing machine.
I also started quilting one of the quilt tops I finished last week.  It might be hard to tell but I quilted a wonky flower in each small block.  it turned out so cute.  I hope my niece ends up having a girl.  I would love her to have this.
I will sew a button in each center. I am planning to do that next week while I sit with my Dad in the hospital.

To anyone who might be reading this, I probably won't be able to blog while I am gone. Stay well!