Tuesday, May 4, 2010

While I was away

I had plenty of time to work on some projects while I was sitting with my Dad in the hospital.

I put the finishing stitches on my Snap Shots quilt.

 I am a sucker for anything with buttons and I love these buttons as the center for the quilted flowers.

I think this scroll is my new favorite quilting stitch.  I seem to use it a lot.

I bought the fabric for this quilt when we lived on Maui.  The Maui Quilt Shop is the tiniest shop I have ever been to!  They mostly specialize in Hawaiian and Asian prints (not my thing) but every once and a while I found something that was right up my alley.

My intention was to make this quilt to spruce up our little cottage by Charley Young beach but I didn't get to finish it before we moved back to the mainland.  I has hung unbound in my quilting closet for a year and a half now.

I decided to dust it off and finish it on this trip.  I finished stitching the binding during the long car trip home. 


I like this quilt so much that it is now my personal "quilty-poo". I have it folded along the back of my couch. Most nights will find me snuggled up on said couch, fast asleep underneath it.  Now, that is my version of bliss.