Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Insanity!

I know, I know, I have totally dropped the blogging ball, but what can I say?  The forces of the universe have combined to make this one of the most insane periods of my life! 
The day after my father passed away, we received notice from our landlords that we would have to vacate the house we are renting by the end of the month because they decided to short sell the home in which they are living and move into ours.  Lovely! 
So, ever since we returned from Utah we have been on a dead run finding a new home and furiously packing our entire lives up.  In the middle of all that, my kids came out on a long planned vacation, so we spent last week going to Disneyland and Magic Mountain, playing tons of games and generally living it up because we NEVER get to spend enough time together. I was completely exhausted when they left but it was worth every minute!
Anyway, I am now living amid clutter and chaos.  I feel like the Grinch, only I am packing up my own Who-house..."and she up packed her boxes. The ribbons! The wrapping!  The fabric and quilting! The trimmings and trappings!" 
We will be moving tonight and tomorrow.  After that, I am hopeful that then I can go back to my lovely Whoville life for a while.
I am really bummed I don't have time to blog because I have such fun things to share!  There is the new doll quilt swap group I joined and the inside out quilt I am making.  There are fun photos from Disneyland and, well there is just too much to list here.  It will just have to wait.
In the meantime, here something for all of us who might be feeling a bit Grinchy and overwhelmed...

 When the forces of the universe combine to make you crazy, remember, nothing you do goes unnoticed or unappreciated. When you think you think no one sees, He does.