Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I'm Alive

Even as I sit down to write this, I can't believe what a crazy time I have just been through.  I am so glad to be on the other side.
I have to admit, it wasn't all bad.  Right in the middle of all the craziness, all my kids came for a weeks visit.
Which means lots of this...
And tons of that...
and then of course there is this...

Can I just tell you how much I love that the house is full of life and we are much to busy to clean.
All too soon, it was time for them to leave.
What is that line from my favorite James Taylor song?  "They hunger for home, but they never stay."

We are all moved into the new house.
 The new sewing room is still in disarray but I couldn't wait any longer.
I signed up for a blind mini quilt swap. My partner said she was inspired by a trip to the farmers market.  Here is what I worked on yesterday.  Shhhh, don't tell.  It is a secret!
I want it to end up looking like rows of boxed produce.  Not sure I have it yet.  It is still a work in progress.
I have finally gotten all my blocks from the Fresh Comfort Quilting Bee I am part of.
Didn't the ladies do a great job!  I love every single block.  I can't wait to put it together.  I have so many blocks I can probably get two quilts out of them if I sash around them.  I can probably get a mini quilt out of them as well.
Here is a scrappy little art quilt I have been working on.
The fabric is sewn wrong sides together so the raw edges are exposed.
I even managed to work in a bit of selvage.  I sewed the seams with a neon orange thread to make the stitching really stand out.  I am loving the way this little beauty is turning out.
On a different note, look what my friend Liz brought me back from her month long trip to Paris!  I have never owned real french perfume.  It smells divine!  I am so honored that she thought of me.
And last but not least, I just had to include this. Thanks to my awesome, trainer Kyle,  I am now thirty pounds lighter than I was 9 months ago.  It is definitely worth all the sweat and effort. 

It's good to be back among the land of the sane.  Please God, let me stay here for a while.