Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sneak Peeks

These are sneak peeks of the design for the Doll Quilt Boot Camp, swap group I have joined on flickr.  It has been so fun.  I came up with another design earlier, but scrapped it when I was struck with a new idea at about 4:00 a.m. one morning.
Here are some sneak peeks of what I have finished so far.  I have the top sewn and it is ready to be quilted.  I won't be able to give the final reveal until after Aug. 15th since this is a blind swap and that is the date I have to have her quilt to her.  I hope she likes it!

All this talk about sneak peeks has gotten me thinking.  If you could have a glimpse; just a little sneak peek into your future, would you do it? 
On one hand it does tempt me, but on the other hand, no.  If the peek showed something good, it would spoil the joy when it happened.  If it revealed something bad, I would spend my present life dreading it and it would ruin my happiness now.  Besides, I have to wonder if seeing the future would in some way alter it.  Uh-oh, that kinds of thinking causes my mind to bend just a bit too much.
Speaking of mind bending, if you haven't seen Inception yet, go!  I will admit it is hard to keep track of the plot and I don't think I got everything, but wow, what a ride!
So, send me a comment about whether you would take a peek into your future and your reasoning for the choice.  I would love to hear what you have to say.