Inspired by her love for the Farmer's Market, I drafted a design of a wonky farm stand.
As always happens, the project took on a life of it's own and I ended up making some changes in the design, but when all was said and done it turned out pretty much the way I envisioned it.
I had some cute buttons in the shapes of watermelon, grapes and a basket so I decided to incorporate them as well.
I cut out some patchwork hills from a piece of patchwork I had left over from this project and then did a little free hand machine embroidery to finish everything off.
What I love most about this project is that it was a true stash buster for me. Other than the border fabric, I did not purchase any new fabric. This project gave me a chance to go through all my fabric and find ways to make them work for me. It was a great experience. I hope to do another doll quilt swap soon.