Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Domestic Diva?

Last week I received a package in the mail from my sister. Inside was this little lovely with the words "domestic diva" embroidered on the front.  I absolutely adore it and I must admit that last week, the title was a fitting one to bestow on me.  Out of nowhere, I was seized by a wave of creative energy.  So much so that I literally could not tear myself away from all my various projects long enough to sit down and blog.
This happens to me occasionally and when I does I can only describe the feeling as having "creative A.D.D."  I want to do some of everything and can't seem to focus on one project long enough to complete anything.     
This time, I was bound and determined to focus my energy and make the most of it. 

First of all, I went through my stash.  I found these two inch squares leftover from a previous project and decided to do something with them.
This little mini quilt is the result.  I'm not quite sure what I am going to do with it, but I guess I have something ready for the next doll quilt swap I sign up for.
 Speaking of mini quilts, here is one I made from an extra block I had left over from a Halloween quilt I made last year.  I gave it to my sister.
After I finished with the mini quilt, I was on to the next project!
 I just bought this fabulous book.  Believe me when I say that if you are quilter of any skill level, you will love Material Obsession. It is so good, I want to complete each and every project in it.  This really says something since I buy a lot of quilt books which, after the initial perusing, then languish untouched on my shelf.  This book not only inspires, it motivates!
Anyway, I chose a project from the book, went through my stash again, pulled out some fresh, modern fabrics and started cutting. 

I am loving the way it is turning out. I haven't finished yet, but here is a sneak peak.  When it is finished, I think I am going to enter it in next years county fair.
  Remember this fun fabric?
Well, this pattern uses that exact fabric, so I snatched it up when I saw it.  I'm thinking it will look good in my husbands office.  If he doesn't want it, I am sure I can find a spot for it somewhere.  Now that I think about it, I think I will put it up in my own office.
I did many other things that I don't have photos of.  I made several new recipes, straightened and reorganized the office and planted flower boxes on my front porch.
All in all, it has been a very busy and productive couple of weeks for me. 
Perhaps I am a throw-back, but nothing makes me feel more contented than some good old fashioned homemaking.