I really like the results so I made another one for my bee.
I really love how this one turned out. I love Bonnie's fabric and color choices. They made for a very cheery block.
Then a couple of days ago, my colleague Kathy and I decided to make a collaborative quilt to hang up our lunch room. The current state of our lunch room can only be compared to a cell at Auschwitz, so everyone on our floor is contributing something handmade so spruce up the place.
Anyway, we decided we would each make 6 improvisational blocks using reds, grays and blacks. I knew the first block I made for block party would fit with the color scheme but it was just too symmetrical for an improvisational quilt. So I got out my rotary cutter, slashed the block and added a couple strips of fabric.
Call me crazy, but I like this block even better than the original. I definitely think it will fit now.
Here are the other blocks I have made so far.
I am sure our quilt will help make the daily scrabble games in the lunch room even more fun.