Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fun Finds...

There isn't much quilting going on around here lately. Partly because my creative surge seems to have played out but mostly because I am busy with other things (see below) right now.  However, my time is going to free up significantly after this weekend so I have plenty of projects on the horizon.
For now, I thought I would share with you some wonderful trinkets I found while pursuing the mall last weekend.

I love decorating for Halloween so I could not resist these deliciously creepy delights when I saw them at Pottery Barn.  Don't you just love them?  The mice are real enough to cause a double take when you first see them. 
Now, I'm not a huge Anthropologie shopper ( the clothes are too expensive and to "froo-froo" for my lifestyle) but I do browse there occasionally.  Well, I quickly switched from browsing to buying when I came across these. 
I mean, look at these measuring spoons!  To.Die.For.
This is something I recently fell in love with at Target.  I think it adds a touch of class to my piano.  And just in case you are wondering, my engineer husband had to find out how long it would take the sand to run out: ten minutes, just so you know.
Next, week will be a fun post because I will have photos of the Young Women's Evening of Excellence event I have been busy planning.  I spent this week making the favors, planning the decorations and making a rainbow cake.  Be sure to tune in next week to see how it all turns out.