Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Big Reveal





Well, here is the finished project.  I decided to go with organic, straight-line quilting with no guide.  I just let the lines waver a bit.  Then I did some across and diagonal lines just to balance it all out.  I bound it with a large polka dot fabric in exactly the right colors I found at JoAnne Fabric.
Overall, the quilt turned out very funky and masculine.  It was a big hit.  Matt loved it so much he wanted to keep it.  He ran a good campaign, but in the end, the quilt left with Kade. 
Just before the kids arrived, I took a day trip to Santa Barbara with my friends Rob and Kathy to shop at The Fabric Quarter.  They are a wonderful fabric shop that sells mostly on the internet and by appointment.  However, once every few months, they open the doors to their warehouse and have a huge sale.  They have great taste in the fabric they choose to sell.  If you are ever passing through Santa Barbara, give them a call and set up an appointment.  You will be glad you did.
At least half of the fabric was $5.00 a yard.  I mean how could I pass that up?!
Here is my haul after the first pass through.  Did I go back for more??  Does a bear you-know-what in the you-know where??
Notice how the pile has grown?  At least I am not as bad as Kathy.  That's her behind me.
That stack in the forefront is part (only part) of her haul.
Here are her three, count 'em, three stacks ready to be cut.
What can I say?
Fabric makes me happy!