Thursday, March 24, 2011

Peaceable Things.

The older I get, the more I come to love and appreciate the serenity of normalcy.  I find that when I experience too much turmoil or change within a given period of time, I begin to lose my grip a bit. 
This week has been a good week, calm and normal but never boring.
Sunday, I went to visit my beloved Aunty.  She is one of the foundation stones of my life.  I try to visit her every 6 weeks or so. 
Because she really isn't well enough to go out and about, I usually bring a quilt to bind while we sit and chat the day away.  
I finished this quilt during the visit.  As I finished up, Matt asked me who I was going to give it to.  Hmmm, I didn't really have anyone in mind but I have a firm belief that quilts find their owners, so I knew that it would come to me.  Then I looked over at Aunt Twila and I new it was for her.  She kept refusing, saying it was too beautiful and she couldn't accept something I had worked on so hard. 
But, in the end I prevailed.  What can I say, she has always given me my way. 
Remember this little beauty from my last trip to Pine Needles?
This week I started to work on my interpretation. 
I love these colors!  I think this one is meant for our little peanut.
This week is my third week training solo.  I feel like I am doing pretty well but I miss Kyle.  When he trained me, I definitely didn't have to wonder if I had worked hard enough.  My mantra while I am working out is, "Push yourself like Kyle pushed you!  Don't give up! You got this!"
And finally, with all the cold and rain we have had lately, there is nothing like a big pot of my favorite Pumpkin Black Bean Soup to make me feel warm and content.  I know the ingredients sound odd but trust me, it is delicious; very spicy and hearty.  I found the recipe on the Closet Cooking blog and it, along with several others from this sumptuous site, have quickly become staples in my recipe repertoire. 
All in all a homey, peaceful, "normal" week.  What a blessing. 
On Monday, as I was dusting, I again noticed the print I have hanging on my family room wall.
I have followed that advice this week and it has made all the difference.