Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Iconic

I once told my mother that as I aged I wanted to become a woman of style and substance.  It's still true, I do.  Truthfully, I strive to be a woman who shows younger woman that aging is nothing to be feared and show an example of aging well.
As I make that statement, I have several role models in mind. Women whom I have admired.  Some of them friends, some of them as icons from afar.
One of whom I want to highlight today.  Why today?  Because I've got nothing else to post.  I've been busy getting ready for a vacation and haven't been had time to quilt.
So here's to Audrey Hepburn.  A woman whose authenticity, style and wisdom are an inspiration to me.


Quote by Audrey Hepburn

Interesting  and if you think about it, surprisingly true.
 
 I once made a belief box with the theme of beauty through virtue.  That was one of the quotes I used.

 


Audrey Hepburn
Me, too!

I especially like them if they are pop-up books.  I still love pop-up books!




Style and substance... and that my dear ladies, is how it's done.


Finally, I leave you with one last image. 
I'll be gone for a while.  I'm off to try to live those words.

Photo credit: Lauren Fair Photography
www.laurenfairphotography.com
http://laurenfair.wordpress.com
Text - Holstee Manifesto  http://shop.holstee.com/pages/about.