Monday, September 19, 2011

Pinteresting

So, Pinterest is my newest discovery/addiction. It is also one of those inventions that has me smacking my forehead exclaiming, "Why didn't I think of that !?"
You see, (as my overstuffed file cabinet can attest to), I have been collecting and "pinning" images all of my life.  When I was a teenager, I filled an entire bedroom wall with images, words and quotes that I loved.  Even now, I have files and notebooks full!



Here's some pages from my low tech version.

Here's an oldie but a goodie I pulled from my files.

Check out that date!  I clipped it from my Seventeen magazine in 1979!  This article has moved with me from California, to Utah, to Texas, to Hawaii and back to California!  
I'm a sick woman.  I know this.

The other genius, online invention I can't believe I didn't come up with is Polyvore.
Again, I have been doing the low tech version of this forever, as well.


I'm not great at shopping.  I find the amount of choice overwhelming and I get lost.  To help me focus,  I cut out what I like and glue pieces together on paper in a collage.  When I go shopping, I take the notebook (or a single page) with me and I can then shop for what I need without getting distracted by all the other crap, uh, stuff that's out there.  
Think I'm pulling your leg?  


Check this out.

This is the image that made me decide to let me hair go natural.  A decision I have never regretted, by the way. I highly recommend it.

You know what is amazing to me about Pinterest and Polyvore, is how wildly popular they are!  All this time, I have been thinking I was the only person out there who did this.  In fact, I never mentioned it to any of my friends because truthfully, I was a bit ashamed of it.  I thought I was a kind of crazy.  I thought it was a strange version of hoarding or even OCD.  Well, if I'm over the edge, I guess a significant amount of the population went with me.
So apparently, I am ahead of my time when coming up with ideas.  I'm just two steps behind in the technology department.  That my friends, is the story of my life.  

As for what I have been up to for the last few weeks...a lot, but I can't fit it all in one post so I'll spread it out over the next couple of weeks.
One of the most exciting things for me is I finished the baby quilt.


I tried a bunch of new free motion techniques and am very pleased with how they turned out.

The back shows them off even better.

I still love my new labels!
What is great about this quilt is that it all began with an inspiration.
From start to finish, it is mine.
Tacey created...

Joe approved. :)