Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Retreat!



Last Friday was the day for the quarterly retreat of my little quilt group.  I have hosted the last two at my home, but this time Kris hosted it at her ranch in Santa Barbara, so we hit the road for a day of fun, friends and fabric.

We even had a mascot for the day. This is Tucker. He was our boon companion.  He stuck close by all day. I think he was happy to have so many people lovin' on him. 

The only thing he didn't like was the fabric bow Rob tied around his neck.  Here he is hanging his head in shame. 



We happily pieced away with the occasional break for games and prizes.


But, the highlight of the day was our lunch break.  Kris gave us the grand tour, what a treat!  
We met the horses...

and fed the chickens.  Kris generously sent each of us home with a dozen fresh eggs.  This little gal was none too happy with that arrangement.

Here we are The Four, I mean Five (sorry, Tucker) Musketeers.  
Quilting has been a blessing in my life for many reasons, not the least of which is getting to know Rob, Kathy and Kris.  We have laughed and cried together.  Actually, we have laughed so hard we cried.  They are true friends.  

On our way back to Camarillo, we stopped at Roxanne's A Wish And A Dream Quilt Shop in Carpenteria. This sandwich board greeted us as we walked in.  It sums up how I try to live.

On another note, I made great progress on Cassie's quilt. 

 I was one square short for the design I wanted, so I improvised the center square.  

I still have to piece the back.  I found this great Denise Schmidt plaid in my stash.  I think it will work great with the gray and white from the front.  I'm very happy with how this is coming together.  Now, I just need to figure out how how I'm going to quilt it.  I'm totally stumped.  Any suggestions??