Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I'm back

After living blog free for a few weeks, I have found I miss it.  I need a repository for all my random thoughts and creative endeavors.  For better or worse, this blog is my brain dump and I need it.
Soooo...
It's been a busy few weeks, too busy to go into much detail, but here is the summary:

A visit from Kade and Minda, so fun!! Joe especially enjoyed it.

A Blue Moon party complete with a s'mores bar and  a blue ombre cake.  Unfortunately, I was so busy with my hosting duties I didn't take any pictures, but you get the idea.
Bee-Tee-Dubs, the s'mores bar was such a huge hit, I think I'm going to do an entire post on how to put one together complete with recipes for various s'mores and homemade graham crackers.

About 14 trips to the airport and back.  Just one of the more fun parts of my husband working across the country.

Several nights of tuning in to both political conventions, with a couple of screaming rants at the TV during one of them.  Any guesses who I'm voting for??



Many (too many??) runs to the fabric stores, both virtual and brick/mortar.


 But I can't help it!  There is just too many great finds out there!  I mean, check this out!  Four fat quarters sold in a single yard of fabric.  Brilliant!  Thank you Denyse Schmidt and JoAnn Fabric.


And of course, lots of quilting.  I'm almost done quilting Kade and Minda's wedding quilt.  I love, love, love how it's turning out.  I don't have photos yet, but stay tuned.  I should be finished by the end of the week.


And speaking of great finds, check out this cool app I found at Sherwin Williams.  It's called Chip it and it's great.  Upload any image from the web or from your personal photos, and it will create a color palette with up to 10 colors for you.  You can even save them to your own chip books.
This has amazing applications for both of my passions, home decorating and quilting.  I am having a ton of fun playing with it. 
Here's another amazing tool. I can't imagine how I've ever lived without it.  Create portable swatches of fabric you are trying to match and never buy the wrong fabric again.  This is one of those, "Why didn't I think of that!?" inventions. 


 And before I go, I have to give a shout out to my dear friend Bethany, who purchased the baby quilt I was auctioning off for Action Kivu.  Between her purchase and what I added to it, we were able to donate $200.00 dollars.  I can't tell you how happy this makes me.  The power of this craft to change lives never ceases to amaze me.
And Bethany, I'm ready to get started on your daughters quilt.  We need to talk colors and style. 
Phew! Brain dump complete...for now.

P.S.- I've added a couple of new badges to my site.  Check them out!