Monday, November 12, 2012

Greetings from Utah


We're in Utah for the next two weeks for the wedding with lots to do in preparation.  I'm sure I won't have too much time to post from here on out, but I did want to show you what I managed to get completed before I left.
I finished all the blocks for my Swoon quilt.  I'm thrilled with how it is all coming together.









Each block is wonderful alone but when they come together...

the results are spectacular.  I could not be more pleased.  I definitely have something to look forward to once I get home and I'm pretty sure I'll need something to cheer me up a bit.  As happy as I am about this wedding, I am inexplicably blue.  I think the idea of my baby being old enough to get married has got me down just a bit.  I'm sure it will pass.  Kade is marrying a wonderful girl.

I also finished this mini quilt.  Unfortunately, I have another friend who is going through treatment for cancer and I wanted to let her know she was in my thoughts.

I bordered it with a lovely floral from Denyse Schmidt and quilted it with a spiral pattern I have been practicing lately.  It made me happy to give this quilt.  I can only hope it gives my friend some measure of comfort.