Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Hello, Goodbye

When we decided to accept the job offer from USU, 5 weeks seemed such a long time to have to wait before we could be closer to our family.  But before I knew it, it was time to go.
So we packed up this guy...

Turned on the Christmas tunes...

Said good-bye to this...



and hello to this.
As happy as I am about this change, it's hard to say goodbye.


Goodbye beach and ocean.  I will dearly miss living on the coast.



Goodbye summer concerts in the park and seeing my favorite singer, Steve Tyrell, every year.

Goodbye touristy trips to L.A. Goodbye Pink's, Santa Monica Pier, 3rd Street Promenade, Griffith Observatory and Hollywood sign.  (See the tiny sign in the background?)

Goodbye hiking in the local foothills.  

Goodbye Camarillo Farmers Market and our weekly vegetable box from Underwood Family Farms.

Goodbye Swirl Yogurt Bar.  Even though we eat clean most of the time, we will miss occasionally sneaking a treat.


Goodbye to our beloved Disneyland.  We have had soooooo much fun running around the park and acting like kids.

Our whole family will miss you!

And finally, good bye to the dear, dear friends in my little quilt group.  As Dorothy said to Scarecrow, I believe I will miss you most of all.  
We have had a good life in California filled with fun and friends.  If I let myself, I can feel very blue about leaving.  But not that long ago, I read an article filled with wisdom that has helped me look forward with anticipation instead of backwards in sadness. The title is one I have often repeated to myself during these last hectic, nerve-wracked, semi-sad weeks...

Click for a dose of inspiration

I hope you enjoyed a happy Christmas. and I wish you joy during the rest of your holiday season.