Monday, January 21, 2013

Proud Mama


 When we arrived in Utah for Kade's wedding, this was how far along Damen's store was.  The partners were stressed because the store would not be ready for Black Friday and they were frantically setting up in an temporary location.

Well, it's finally finished and ready to go! Yay!

Last Friday, Matt, Mom and I were thrilled to attend the ribbon cutting. (Damen is the handsome gent with the green sleeves.)

Who would have guessed that a 'lil 'ol' BA in Film from BYU would lead to this...







I guess I shouldn't say it "Damen's" store.  There were 4 other partners.  It was definitely a team effort.  I also spoke with the architect, the general contractor, the city planner and several other key people, without which Gear:30 would never have come about.  But I will say, that time and again those people told me, "This (meaning Gear:30) was all Damen" and other similar statements.  Yeah, that made my buttons pop just a bit.

So, if you happen to be in Ogden, do a proud Mama a favor.  Stop by the corner of Washington and Park to check out best outdoor retailer in town.  

This little mountain man is counting on your support.