Friday, January 11, 2013

The View


Every morning since I have been staying with Mom, this is what I see when I look out the back windows.


Waking up to these beauties is such a peaceful way to start my day. 


These two had quite the stare down this morning.  Joe was chomping at the bit to get out there and "play" with his new found friends.
Since the house we bought is only about 1/2 mile up the road (a fact I am very happy about), Mom tells me I will probably get to see them from my own windows as well.

Speaking of the house, here is a sneak peek of some of the rooms.

I like the layout of the kitchen but would like to find a way to switch out the free standing range/oven with a cook top and built-in double oven with convection.  

It has a lovely walk-in pantry.  A feature I sorely missed in the California house.


Here is the Master bed/bath suite.  The mauve counter tops and trim have GOT TO GO!



The current color palette is too dark and overly "country" for my taste so if we have time,  we will probably have the entire thing painted before we move in.



Here are the colors I am currently considering.  What do you think?

Here is the HUGE basement.  This is only a small piece of it.  There is another huge room off to the right out of sight of the camera.  The owners threw in the pool table, btw.  I don't know exactly what we are going to do with it, but it's kind of cool.  Oh yeah, see that white door?

 Here is the storage room located behind it.  It is huge! Storage, storage storage, I love it!
I'm looking forward to getting in there and starting our new life.  I know I'm going to love it here.