Sunday, February 3, 2013

Home

The house is officially ours.  We closed on Thursday morning.
As exciting as it is to buy our own home again, I have to admit that once all the papers were signed and there was no turning back, I did panic just a teeny bit.  No, it wasn't buyers remorse.  We got a fabulous house for a great price.
The truth is change, even good change, is scary for me.  I'm far better at it than I used to be but I still have those moments when I feel overwhelmed and want to turn back.
So, as I was driving away from the title company praying for the courage not to doubt and the faith to face the future with the same optimism that fueled our recent decisions, this song came on the radio.  As I listened to the lyrics a warm, loving feeling came over me and I realized God was sending me a message.


Hold on, to me as we go
As we roll down this unfamiliar road
And although this wave (wave) is stringing us along
Just know you're not alone
Cause I'm gonna make this place your home
Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found
Just know you're not alone
Cause I'm gonna make this place your home 
I'm not scared any more.