Monday, March 4, 2013

Happy 75th, Mom!

What can I say about my mom?
For starters, she's just darn cute.
For another, no one on earth can make me laugh as hard as she does. Whenever we're together we are like two silly school girls. (This can really be embarrassing if we get the giggles at an inappropriate moment which has happened in church more than once.)
On a more serious note, she is the person who taught to be an "inside out person." Meaning that happiness comes from inside choices not outside circumstances.
She taught me that how others act doesn't control how I act.
She continues to teach me grace amid sadness as she moves forward after the loss of her life companion.
As I am continually reminded by my new neighbor's all of who have known her for the last 20 years, she is an amazing person.
When people here get to know me always, always, always, the first words out of their mouths are "You're Carol's daughter??  I just LOVE her!"
So, on your 75th birthday, here's to you, mom!  I'm so happy we can now spend special days together.  Our future will be filled with many more of them.
Que music...
 
People let me tell ya 'bout my best friend...

She's a warm hearted person...

who'll love me 'til the end.

People let me tell ya 'bout my best friend...

She's a warm hearted cuddly toy...

my up's my downs, my pride and joy.  People let me tell ya 'bout her she's so much fun...

Yeah, she's my best friend.  Yat, da, da, ta, da, yat.