Sunday, July 21, 2013

Local culture

Last weekend we decided to take the entire family on a little outing.


A demolition derby!  I know, I know, it's a pretty red-neck thing to do but I have to admit it's SO fun.  At least it's not a monster truck rally :)

There was plenty of crash, boom bang...

an engine fire...


and even a dance contest during intermission.  

The po-dunk band got more and more off-key as the evening progressed, but somehow it only added to the ambience of the evening.  

The sentiments expressed on this vehicle got some big cheers.

You know it's been a great derby when they have to tow the winner out of the ring.  

Mason loved it.  

Since then, I've been busy working on Bethany's quilt.  

Whenever I want to get a quilt done quickly I chain stitch all the blocks at once. 


It makes the quilt top come together very quickly.  

Here's a sneak peak at the finished top.  I'm hoping to have the back sewn and the entire thing quilted by the end of the week.  
Well Bethany, what do you think?