Friday, August 30, 2013

Lazy, crazy, hazy days


I'm happy to say that Hip Houndstooth was well received and is now keeping Rachel quite cozy.

Since then, there hasn't been much quilting going on.  I'm taking some time off to enjoy these last, precious days of summer.  So, I've been hangin' with Mason...

snuggling with The Joe...


checking out the winners at the county fair (Check out that Duck Dynasty tuxedo jacket, Jack. )...

and gettin' a little silly at Bear Lake with my BFF.


We took the family on a Kayaking excursion at the local Reservoir.

Yep, that's me in the goofy hat trying to keep from getting sunburned.

 
I've also started on a project that I've on my mind for a while; cataloging the charms on my charm bracelet and the story behind each one.



Lately, I've been doing a lot of family history and it occurred to me that my charm bracelet is a unique and tangible history of my life.  It's not a complete history by any means but the charms on my bracelet represent hobbies, trips and other meaningful events in my life. One day, I hope to hand it down to my family and I think a nice journal telling each story will be a nice gift to accompany it.


And lastly, I've started work on a family recipe scrapbook, Christmas addition.  Yet, another project I've had on the back burner for a while.  I made one for my Mom about 8 years ago and since then have wanted to make one for myself.  I'll just work on this as time allows, but it feels great to finally get started.  
We've got a vacation to Oregon coming up in the next couple of weeks so probably no quilting until we return.  Until then, I'll just be chillin'.  Tonight I think we should break out the fire pit and relax on the deck.  Are you up for that, Honey?