Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas


All the presents are wrapped, fluffy snow is everywhere.  The kids will be here in a few hours.  Today is a day for cooking, decorating gingerbread houses, watching "A Christmas Carol" and "It's A Wonderful Life."
I'm truly excited and anticipating a wonderful holiday with my family but at the same time, my thoughts are of friends and family who aren't experiencing such idyllic circumstances right now.
I know that Christmas is not always an easy time.  In fact, this time of year, when all the world seems to be celebrating, can be especially hard if your life is less than perfect.
If, because of your circumstances you question God's love for you, remember the true meaning of this season.  At this time we celebrate the birth of the Christ child and Christ was born into the world for one purpose: to save us.  He said, "Come unto me all ye that are heavy laden and I shall give you rest."
If you are experiencing heartache or difficulty, turn to him.  He can give you hope and strength.  he can give you answers to your questions and peace to your soul.

Words of inspiration here and here
New entry in Names of Christ Journal here

To anyone who happens across this blog post, I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a blessed, peaceful New Year.