Thursday, April 3, 2014

Fabric Map Redo

Warning! Badly lit photos ahead!
Lately, this seems to be a trend with me.  This time though, it's kind of out of my control.  I hung my latest project in an awkward corner of my stairwell with absolutely no natural light.  With my limited photography skills, I did the best I could.  

I finished the map.  I love it!  It turned out perfect; both colorful and whimsical.

I chose an organic, straight-line method for the quilting.  I think it gives it a modern edge.  These heart buttons found in the clearance bin make perfect markers to commemorate each state we have lived in.


It's hard to believe we have lived in so many places.  From Hawaii to Maryland with several states in between.  Although, Matt made the point that technically we didn't live in Maryland since he was only commuting there, I disagree. Our lives revolved around that state for almost a year.
He had an apartment there for 9 months and only came home for weekends once or twice a month.  Also, I go there and stay for several days.  In my mind, we lived there.

Even without last weeks disaster, this project was a pain in the backside.  There was a ton of detail work; tracing, cutting, ironing, and raw edge appliqué.  But, now that it is finished and looks so cute, it was worth all the trouble.
Just don't ask me to do it again.