Saturday, April 26, 2014

Master Bed Quilt Finish


Since February, this quilt has been patiently waiting on my quilting table.

I finished it yesterday and am happy to report it has found it's home at the end of my new bed.

It took me a while to figure out how to quilt it.  The pattern and colors felt very calming to me and I wanted the quilting to echo that feeling.  Finally, I stumbled upon some images of topographical maps. The curves and waves gave me the same peaceful sense so I decided to try to imitate them.  



I added some swirls for more interest.  
While I was still deciding what to do, I almost gave in to playing it safe.  I kept thinking I should just do a meander stitch over the whole thing and be done with it.  But, I didn't.  I took the time to wait for that spark of inspiration.   I took a risk and it all came together very well.  


I'm in love with the fabrics I found for the backing.  

This room is still a work in progress but I'm loving it so far.  Next on the list is window coverings. I'll post an update when I find the right ones. 

On the family front, Easter was rockin' good fun. Damen and Christy had their annual family egg hunt.  


This year, Mason was old enough to understand what it was all about.  He had a blast.  


Here we all are counting our booty.  Damen is definitely the egg whisperer of the family.  He found thirty-eight of them.  The largest haul of the day.  I'm ashamed to admit I only found a measly fourteen.

No matter, this little guy was my favorite treat of the day.