Saturday, May 31, 2014

A Little Flood


As you can see, I'm a little out of sorts at the moment.  
Last week I walked into my fabric closet and found the carpet wet.  That's never a good sign.  We were worried that we had ground water leaking in from somewhere but when the leak detection guy came out, he figured out that the drain tube from our water softener had come lose and was causing the flooding.  Phew!  
Leaking ground water is bad news but this will be an easy fix.  


However, this is the current state of my quilting room.  I guess I'm out of commission for a while.  

Then it makes me doubly happy that I finished my camping quilt before it all happened.


Not to brag or anything, but I LOVE IT!  I love the scrappy, wonky blocks.  I love the dark denim strip on the pieced back.  


I love the  neutral look and nubby texture of the linen background fabric.  

I love the masculine color combination.

I love the car-camping themed focus fabric.  



I love, love, love the little bits of selvedge I was able to work in.  

The fabric I used for the binding is one of my all-time favorites.  I mean, 'lil chairs! Simply charming.  


And while my quilting may be interrupted for a while, I still have access to my sewing machine so I whipped this up for my favorite grandson.  Mason loves to help his mommy with the baking and lately has been asking for his own apron.  I used this pattern.  It's a very easy pattern to make and the apron is the best kids apron I've seen.  With it's elastic neck strap and velcro waist strap, a toddler can easily get in and out of it without any help.  

Here's a close-up of the fabric. Last year,  I found it at Jo-Anne's and have saved it for just the right project.  It's just the thing for my little monster.