Monday, June 16, 2014

Grandma Day

While I was living in Camarillo, my friend Becky told me that each of her daughters had a standing date with their Grandmother every month.  I remember thinking at the time, "When I have grandkids, I'm going to start that tradition."  So, last week was my first official Grandma Day with Mason.

It was a wonderfully magical day.  We spent the day doing whatever Mason wanted.  We worked in the garden together, made smoothies and cookie dough, played grocery store and watched his favorite movie, Cars.
In the afternoon my mom came over for a while with an early birthday present for him, a doctor's kit that he absolutely loved.  Once he saw it, it was the only thing he wanted to play with for the rest of the afternoon.

My old, childhood teddybear got a thorough check up as did my mom, me and several other stuffies I had hanging around.  

Here are all of Dr. Mason's patients resting in the makeshift hospital we set up in the guest room.  Matt and I took him to a company picnic before we took him home. He had such a busy day, he zonked out in the car on the way.
The day flew by so fast, it was over before I knew it. I can't wait for our next play date.  

My quilting room is still in disarray from the flood, so there's not much happening on that front.  
I have been sewing this Sparkle Punch pattern on and off now for about a year.  I work on it in spurts because it is so mind-numbingly repetitive, after about an hour of sewing I'm ready to go completely insane.  




Anyway, I have a ton of finished block pieces that need to be squared up so that's what I have been doing.  

It's not too daunting of a task... if I don't think about how many I have left to go.  

It's better if I focus on how many I have finished and ready to be sewn together.  It's going to be a Christmas quilt and I think it's going to look pretty fabulous.  Of course, I'll keep you posted as I make more progress.
This week we are all heading to Bryce Canyon for a family vacation.  I'm not a great camper, but I'm really looking forward to spending some quality time with the fam.  This is the first of several family trips we have planned for the next few months.  It's going to be a great summer.