Friday, July 25, 2014

Just Jammin'

With so much going on, it's been hard to find time to write.  But, if I wait much longer, I won't be able to fit everything into one post, so I'm up at 11:21 p.m. furiously typing during Jimmy Kimmel commercial breaks.

Let's see, where do I begin?

Remember the little flood in my quilting room.  Well, it's ballooned into a larger project than anticipated.  I decided that since we were going to be repairing drywall and replacing carpet anyway, we might as well take out this closet. The previous homeowner used for her personal tanning bed.
(Really?? Who has their own tanning bed? Melanoma anyone?)  
I've never really liked the closet. It isn't really necessary to the room and it just takes up valuable space.

Luckily, we were able to handle the project ourselves.  Matt & Damen handled the re-wiring while Christy stepped up to handle the drywalling. She's quite the expert.  Who new?

It's now finished and ready for me to paint.  I can't believe how much bigger the room is.  The closet wasn't that big, but taking it out really opened up the space.

With all the dust from the sanding, my machines have had to stay covered for the last couple of weeks.

Luckily, I was able to finish my Sparkle-Punch quilt top before then. 

I'm very happy with it.  I love the pops of blue & yellow amid all the green and red. I think it's a  modern spin on a Christmas quilt.   Once I get the room put back together, this will be the first thing I quilt.


In the mean time, I've been keeping myself busy with other projects.  I've spent the last three days turning all this...



into all this.  I think I've made every possible iteration of apricot jam.

There's regular apricot, low-sugar apricot, apricot/cherry, apricot/raspberry and apricot/mango.
I've sampled them all and the most tasty is definitely the apricot/mango.  It's so good, I'm thinking of entering it in the county fair.  I think it's a winner.

They all taste dee-licious on my homemade, whole-wheat bread.  It's so yummy I might just enter it in the fair as well.

And finally, it's that time of year again.  It's demolition derby time!  


It's a family affair for us.  This year we talked mom into coming and she cheered just as loud as the rest of us.  


There was smoke.  There was fire.  All in all, a pretty exciting evening.  

Believe it or not, this smokin' beauty was the winner.  


But, the highlight of the evening was definitely the junior derby.  These little dudes stole the show.

Mason wanted so badly to be down there with them.  Next year, Mason, I promise.  

I'm also excited about a fitness/nutrition bootcamp I've started teaching.  I haven't taken any photos yet, but I'll be sure to post them here when I do.  I've only got about 5 ladies coming but I like it that way.  A small group allows me to give more personal instruction.  It's nice to be putting my certifications to use. I haven't trained anyone but myself since I left California.

I've also been working on another project, but I'm keeping it under wraps for a while longer.  Once I get it up and running, I'll make the announcement here.  

Well, it's now almost 1:00 a.m. and I've got yoga at 7:00 a.m., so it's off to bed for me.  But first, I think I'll have a midnight snack.  Anyone else up for some toast and jam?