Saturday, August 9, 2014

The Big Reveal


In case you don't remember, here is my quilting room before.

Here it is during construction.


Here it is finished.  The closet wasn't that big but with it gone the room seems to have so much more space.

Around the corner in an awkward little dead-end hallway, I've set up my design wall and added another bookcase for storage.  Eventually, I would like to have better furniture and a bigger cutting table, but this works for me now.


After being out of commission for over a month, I was itchin' to get to some stitchin'! Bah Dum Pah!
My Sparkle-Punch quilt is on the quilting table and I've started on a couple of stadium quilts for Matt and Kade.  They've been begging me to make them since last year and with the 2014 season soon upon us, I've got to get cracking.


Only twenty-two squares left to make.  Did I say only?


Oh yeah, check out my blue ribbons from the fair.  Not to brag or anything, but it's kind of exciting.
Actually, it's not as big of a deal as it sounds.  There are lots of blue ribbon winners.  Here's the scoop on judging at a county fair.
The ribbon colors are more like tiers.  There is the blue tier, the red tier and the white tier.  Many people win in each tier.  Out of the blue tier, the grand prize winners are chosen and they win the big, purple sweepstakes ribbon or the big, pink honorable mention ribbon.
Even though I didn't win a grand prize, it was still fun to see a blue ribbon attached to my entries.

Although, apparently I'm a better cook than quilter.  Yeah, that didn't sit to well.  I'm already planning a spectacular quilt to enter for next year.  Funny, I've never thought of myself as particularly competitive.  Guess I was wrong :)

After all the drama of last week, this one has been a breeze.  We even managed to get away for a little hike. 

The great thing is, we didn't have to go that far.  Our neighborhood is just on the other side of that hill.  

It's nice to have such refreshing beauty right outside our back door. 

Don't worry about me, I'm doing just fine.   

If your interested, I've added a new entry to my Name of Christ Study Journal.