Thursday, September 11, 2014

Team Spirit

There hasn't been too much going on around here.  Last week was the week from hell, as Matt & I suffered through the worst flu I've had in years.  Seriously, I was so nauseous and exhausted even the thought of getting up to go to the bathroom made me weep.
Then, right as I was getting over it I felt that familiar "flaming-ice-pick-in-the-side" pain on my lower left side and knew I was in for another kidney stone.  Great, just great!  Luckily, this one moved through rather quickly so the pain didn't last as long as usual.
This week is better.  I'm still feeling a couple of twinges, but I'm mostly up and around again.
Speaking of which...
 Check out my new toy!

Oh yeah, I got me a new cruiser bike.

Of course, I'm still getting used to the pedal brakes, but I love it.  Yes, I'm having visions of riding around the neighborhood and pedaling down to the market or mom's house to take her a loaf of bread.

I've also been madly trying to finish this.  Football season is here and I've got two rabid fans impatiently waiting for their stadium quilts.


So far, I've only managed to finish one.

The team colors are navy and taupe. I think found some pretty terrific fabrics in that palette.


And of course, here's the fabric that started the entire enterprise.  When it started popping up in the local quilt shops, I knew at least one team quilt was in my future.

Here's the back.

I've been seeing a ton of USU t-shirt quilts, but I didn't want to make a quilt the same as everyone else so I decided to only use one shirt and put it on the back.

The rest of the back is flannel to keep my boys nice and cozy.  
I'm hoping to get the other one done before the next home game, but if I can't make that happen I guess they'll just have to snuggle up under this one.
Well, that's all from my neck of the woods.  I leave you with one piece of advice.  
GET YOUR FLU SHOT!  You'll thank me.