Monday, November 3, 2014

The Day After


If you've ever wondered how geeky engineers and their wives pass the time on the day after Halloween, then you'll want to read on.


Welcome to the annual pumpkin launch.

Teams of students from the school of engineering compete to see which hand-built catapult will be victorious in various categories such as accuracy, speed and length of toss.  The event is open to the public so we joined with hundreds of other families to watch the festivities.  

It was surprisingly fun to watch those pumpkins fly.  There was even something for the kids as five of the pumpkins that were launched were filled with candy. 


I couldn't resist snapping a few shots of the leftover shrapnel. It was a fun way to top off Halloween.



Speaking of Halloween, here are some shots of the house all decked out.  





My favorite part of decorating is creating ingredients for my witches pantry.  

This year I made a haunted fairy garden for my front porch.

This bony fellow is my newest acquisition.  He was quite an effective watchdog.  

The weekend before we hosted a big, bad Werewolves party.  It's one of our favorite games and it's especially appropriate for a Halloween party.  

I had a great time whipping up the munchies.  Check out my werewolf claw cupcakes.  

The "bite me" cookies were a hit as well.  
The party was a huge hit.  Everyone had a great time.  We'll definitely be doing it again. 

Lastly, here is the newest creation on my design wall.  It's my new favorite.  I'm keeping it.  

So, it's been a busy and festive few weeks.  Topping it all off, today is my birthday.  My 53rd to be exact.  Yesterday and today were spent quietly celebrating with my family.  I'm feeling pretty blessed and grateful, the perfect lead in to Thanksgiving.