Thursday, May 7, 2015

Writers Block

I was going to make excuses but I won't.  A lot has been going on, but I don't know if that's the problem.  I'll just be blunt.  I haven't felt like blogging.  I've been tired...really, really tired.
It's been two and a half months of:

  • repeated kidney stone attacks 
  • doctor visits to decide how to treat said kidney stones
  • a cancer scare as a result of pre-op testing
  • evaluating my life during the week I thought I might be dying of lymphoma
  • my husband traveling for 3 weeks straight while all this was happening
  • having a huge sound wave shot through my kidney to blast my stones apart
  • feeling like I had been hit by a small car for about a week afterward

Oh, and taking care of my mom after her back surgery and still working toward my yoga teaching certification  while all of this is going on.

So yes, I've just been tired.

However, I think I'm starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.  Mom is recovering very nicely, I'm almost finished with my certification and I'm hopeful that my procedure is going to be the answer to my kidney problems.

As a result of all the drama of the last couple of months, I've been kind of rethinking my social media presence.  As I said, thinking you might be dying of cancer has a way of pulling some focus in your life.  Blogging does kind of stress me out. No matter how I approach it, I seem to feel an obligation/pressure to "get it done".  It's an extra stress that I really don't need and it plus it takes time that I have to believe might be better spent elsewhere.  On the other hand, I started this blog as a journal of sorts to record my quilts and some bits of my personal life.

Speaking of my quilting, with everything I haven't been able to do much quilting but I did manage to spend a few "mental health" days at my machine. Here's what I've gotten done.




These two are quilts I made for charity.  I have a couple of friends who do a lot of service and I like to keep quilts on hands to donate to them if they might need one for an auction or to give away for other causes.  We also have a neighbor who gathers blankets for chemo patients.  

This sweet, little quilt is one I threw together from my stash and scrap box.  

I didn't intend to love it so much but ended up being so charmed by the single blue block that I just can't part with it.  

I've decided to keep it on hand for my next grandson.  Backed with this snuggly, plaid flannel it should keep him nice and cozy.


I was working on these two quilt tops before all the falderal.  They are ready for quilting whenever I have enough time to get to them.  

I'm not sure if I'm done with this blog or not.  Maybe I've out-grown it.  Maybe it's time for me to let it go.  I kind of think not.  This blog is the only successful attempt at journalling I've accomplished. 

Hopefully, with things returning to normal, I'll feel like writing more.  I'll just have to wait and see.