Thursday, February 16, 2017

Back from the brink

It's been a while since I last checked in.  First it was the holidays, then I was sick for three weeks and by the time I was well again, I was out of the habit.  Plus, there was so much to catch up on, I just didn't know where to start.
I guess I've got to jump back on the horse and at least get something down before I look up and another 2 1/2 months have gone by.

Here's a quick run down of the highlights:



A family trip to see the bell choir concert on temple square.  This is my new go-to holiday event.  I've been to the Mo-Tab Christmas concert several times but honestly since they brought in the Muppets nothing is ever going to top that for me, so I've stopped going.
This concert was SO much fun and the tickets are first come, first serve so it's much easier to get tickets for than the Christmas concert which is by lottery.  If you live in the area, I highly recommend you check it out.


Christmas was as amazing as ever.

Someone was extremely happy about the Jedi gear that Santa left him. 

Of course, the best thing about holidays is all the snuggle time.


And then there's this...even if you have no experience whatsoever, when your three year old grand-daughter asks you to fix her hair, you give it the old college try. 

I feel immensely blessed to have my children and grandchildren close enough that we can be together so often.  It's the best gift I'll ever receive.  



So. Much. Snow!  It started snowing on Christmas Eve and it just kept coming...for the entire month of January.  We've had a warm snap in February and much of it is gone now, but at one point the snow in our front yard was waist high.

It's been great for snowshoeing, though.  The foothills are literally a five minute walk from our house.

Not much quilting gets done during the holidays but I did manage to finish this one for my cousin. I love it so much I think I'm going to make another one to enter in this years county fair.


Here is the newest home improvement in my quest for the Farmhouse look.  I love it!  I think it gives the room just the right touch.  And, I know it's a good choice because I saw that Joanna Gaines used the exact same one in the last episode of Fixer Upper.  




With the new year came some new goals.  More reading and creative scripture journaling are on the top of this years list.  


And last of all, Joe Boxer Burnham passed away shortly after Christmas. These are the last pictures we have of him.  
He woke up in the early morning hours of December 30th coughing up blood.  We rushed him to the vet hoping it was just pneumonia but found out it was a massive tumor in his lung.  He peacefully passed surrounded by his family, his pack.  We still ache for him.  He was a true gift to us.    

So much happens day to day, but that was a whirlwind tour of the last few months.  Another resolution I've made is to be a more disciplined blogger.  I've promised myself to post at least twice a month.  We'll see how it goes.